"Sharpen your mind. Soften your heart." // "I have an illogical tendency to only desire the things that are difficult. It does not matter how kind or committed a person might be, if they come easily, I’ll quickly grow disinterested. But threaten my heart, safety or sanity, and I’m all yours." // "Maybe the two of us had become so good at leaving once we’d found something worth keeping we did not know how to stay." // "Some people are magic, and others are just the illusion of it."



loesje:

- do lasu wejdziesz bez logowania

- słowa lubią się liczyć

- daj drugą szansę pierwszemu wrażeniu

- deadlines are not my life line

- lubię zapach starych e-booków

- język polski jest przyjazny, merda ogonkami

- pozwól chwili trwać, otaguj ją w pamięci

-nie ocieplaj wizerunku styropianem

- są filmy, które trawię gorzej niż popcorn

- odkąd usłyszalam, że wszechświat ma kształt pączka, mam większy apetyt na życie

- winda - 600 kg lub 8 nowych znajomych

- idealny pracownik pozna idealnego pracodawcę

- friends dont let friends stay online

- does santa claus google me?

- i love learning, but not bv heart

- expose your mind, not only your body

- future is like lego, break it or make it

- czasami nawet bez kilometrów żyjemy w związkach na odległosc

- staram się wytresować swój stres

- can't find the answer, enjoy the question.

- zakochałam się w warszawie i konsumuję właśnie nasz związek

- stereotypy są płytkie. nie zlam sobie karku skacząc w nie.

- zanim zbudujemy mosty, zacznijmy burzyć mury

- rzeczywistość moze być niezłym filmem, nawet przy malym budżecie

- centrum mojego świata nie jest handlowe

- w realu mam całą twarz, nie tylko profil

- stereotypy to wzorce jak nie myśleć

- kiedy zaczniemy uważać milosc za alternatywne źródło energii?

- im dłużej czekasz na przyszłość, tym będzie ona krótsza

- czy bóg jeszcze w nas wierzy?

- po co pięciogwiazdkowy hotel, skoro mogę spać pod milionem gwiazd?

- moje zycie nie mieści się w cv

- gdyby ktoś mnie szukał - jestem w 7 niebie

- skoro świat jest okrągły, dlaczego tylu ludzi żyje nieustannie na krawędzi?

-czy ubezpieczenie medyczne obejmuje tez złamane serce?

-spóźniłam się dwie godziny, bo miałam bardzo ważny sen

-jeśli uczelnia jest naprawdę ważna to autobus na pewno na mnie zaczeka...

- marzenia chłopców są też dla dziewczynek...

- jestem optymistką. jaka jest Twoja wymówka?











"Timing is a hell of a thing. In the end, that’s all it comes down to. The potency of an attraction or the purity of a connection mean very little if you’re on separate journeys.
You and I were a perfect fit, we were, there was just too much distance between us to see it."
"You were an unexpected surprise, the defining moment. The collision of stars that slammed into me hard and sent my neat little world plummeting into the ocean. I never expected it to be you, you know? But it is you. It’s all you. And now there’s no looking back."
I will forever be in love with your writing. Out of all writers I've stumbled upon on here, you have always been my fav and by far the most relatable. I have also read your book about five times. Your words keep me alive. Thank you so fucking much.



"You’re a miracle, I still believe that. You just happened to someone else."




Beau Taplin // Divine Intervention "And that’s the difficult part, she said. The traits you find most beautiful about the people you love become the things that are most painful to see after they’re gone. Even something as sweet as a smile can do an awful lot of damage when it comes from the person you yearn for.""If it hurts more than it makes you happy then
take the lesson and leave. You will be okay. Some people are only rehearsals for the real thing."
'"To me, a rich and satisfying life means one full of contrast. Give me sleep ins. And soft rains. Coffee shops and conversation. But also adrenaline and adventure. And drunken bellows to the stars. I am determined to embrace this extravagant life for all that it has to offer."




Beau Taplin // A D i s p a r a t e L i f e';



"…And there’s a big part of me that wishes I never met you. I preferred the emptiness in me when I didn’t know it was there."




Beau Taplin // Vacancies "I used to believe that the only sensible way to cope with the end of a love was to sever ties and move on. But I see now that true connection is rare and to be understood by somebody is much too precious a thing to lose. So, however hard or much it hurts, I am standing by you."
"Attraction is an accident
but a relationship requires
effort and purpose."



I have just one rule: Give me truth, however cold or cruel, or hard it is to hear. I would prefer to have my heart bled and broken if it means I can then move on, than waste a single moment of my time being fooled by a lie intended to preserve my feelings."




Beau Taplin // T r u t h
'She always had this look about her like she was dreaming of some far off place. And I suppose she read as an alternative to running away."'
"Perhaps a heart is the size of a fist
because we were built to fight for what we love."
"I tend to be most interested in the kinds of people who do not sweeten or dilute themselves for the sake of people tastes. Who never soften the blow of who they are. Like my coffee, I prefer the people I connect with to be full-strength and searing hot. And able to rouse my weary, idle heart."
"The more time
and distance
you put
between us,
the larger
you grow in my heart."



"It’s a dangerous thing to romanticise the past. To allow nostalgia to drag up old memories from the depths of our hearts and fashion them into something they’re not. We built a mirage from a memory and knelt before it like a false god. What we called love was nothing but foolish hope."




Beau Taplin // N o s t a l g i a



"You’re important to me. I think if there’s anything that will last forever, it’s that. Whether we separate, stay in touch or rarely speak again, you will always be that little someone I really do care for, that I would sacrifice everything for to protect and keep safe."




Beau Taplin // T h e P r o m i s e


Occasionally though it’ll hit me, a terrible, hopeless dread will overcome me. As I realise you really are gone. Maybe for good."




Beau Taplin // W a r r e n



"I am little pieces
of everyone
I have met
but I cherish most
the parts
that were yours."




Beau Taplin // L i t t l e P i e c e s



"You know when you misplace a thing and can’t find it, whether it’s a book, a childhood toy or an old leather jacket, and the hours pass and your search grows more and more desperate. You look everywhere, in closets, under beds, behind couches until at last, you find it. You are ecstatic, overjoyed, the relief is palpable.
But then a surge of disappointment hits, followed by a wave of disenchantment—a dreadful realisation that this something or other is not quite as wonderful as you remember it. You become disillusioned and bitter, regretful of all the time you wasted to reclaim it. So you throw it aside and eventually you forget it ever existed.
I am sorry I let this happen to us."




Beau Taplin // M i s p l a c e d B e l o n g i n g s"You remind me of what

my heart is capable of.

Such terrible, lovely things."



"Losing you changed me. I’ve been quiet and quick-tempered. And when I’m shown concern I’m blunt or allusive. I avoid my friends. Drink too much. And I don’t recall when I last felt moved by someone. I lost you. That I understood. I just didn’t think I’d lose me too."




Beau Taplin // T h e C h a n g e



"There’s only so many times you can wake up to someone you love with their back turned because they cannot bear the thought of you. When you finally moved on it was a relief. Not because I quit loving you, but because it didn’tmatter. Fact is, I lost you long before you ever left."

















Courage is what separates the [allegedly] impossible from the difficult, but doable.""I trusted her. I gave her everything. And still, she left.

And that’s the risk we take. It’s not her fault, child. that’s life. that’s love.

They call it falling in love because sometimes you’re caught,

and sometimes you’re not."



"It terrifies me how talented you are at turning your emotions on and off. How you can be so kind and loving one moment then cold like ice the next. Whenever you open your mouth, I never know whether it’s going to be I love you orIt’s over."




Beau Taplin // U n p r e d i c t a b l e

"Nearly.
Almost.
What could’ve been.
Like tiny daggers below my skin."



"I’ve always been enchanted by the endings of things. Series finales and sunsets. Last paragraphs and encores. I think for the way they remind me that losing something you love isn’t always sad and heartbreaking, but sometimes breathtaking and beautiful."




Beau Taplin // E n d i n g s
"The most frightening thing of all
is feelings aren’t fixed.
You can be everything one moment
and just enough another
then nothing at all the next."



"Better an

oops than

a what if."




Beau Taplin // W h a t I f
"I desire very little, but the things I do consume me."



"Often people will say You can’t only because they’re afraid you can. They do not want to see you succeed or accomplish your dreams because they never had the courage or conviction to pursue their own."









"Of course I missed you. It devoured me.
But since I could not take you back, and you
could not be replaced, I allowed myself to
miss you, until at last the missing stopped."



"If the person you love makes you question
over and over if you are enough
only one thing is certain - they aren’t."









"This heart of mine has
just two settings:
nothing at all or too much.
There is no in between."
"Maybe there were no coincidences, I thought, only little shreds of evidence that proved you were on the right path, like roadsigns from the stars that said, Hey, you, keep moving, you’re going the right way - don’t stop."



"Everyone you meet has a part to play in your story. And while some may take a chapter, others a paragraph, and most will be no more than scribbled notes in the margins, someday, you’ll meet someone who will become so integral to your life, you’ll put their name in the title."




Beau Taplin // L i f e S t o r i e s



It’s you.


It’s been you for as long
as I can remember.


Everyone else has just been
another failed attempt
at perfecting the art of pretending
you’re not. I miss you.








A warm rainy day. Dying to be danced in."





Beau Taplin // W a r m R a i n y D a y






"What a sad thought it is,

that some of us
will surrender and settle down

long before
we have met the person

we are supposed to love."



"And most importantly of all, find your passion. It is absolutely essential you find a way to obtain the same level of satisfaction from your work as you do from your free time. To live for the weekend is, after all, to waste away 71.43% of your life."





Beau Taplin // M o n d a y s

"Some goodbyes

are not

ends

but releases."
"You are, always were,
worth coming apart for."
"It’s 4am
and I can’t remember how your voice sounds anymore."



"I don’t do detached. I won’t play hard to get or act cool for the sake of appearing elusive. If I like you, I’m all in. If you have my attention, then it’s because I genuinely care for you. But hurt me and, without even thinking twice, I will burn that bridge and never look back."





Beau Taplin // A c t C o o l
There’s a lot of good stuff on tumblr - a lot of kind and intelligent souls that provide fantastic advice, in particular, advice on how essential it is to be strong, to not allow yourself to be taken advantage of, or hurt, to be independent and to walk out on anything less than you deserve. All very true. But recently I’ve felt moved to say this, it’s also totally okay to be weak and broken for a person. To return to them, over and over, like a boomerang, no matter how many times they toss you away. I’m not saying it’s right, or even healthy, just that it is. If that is how your heart feels, then that is how it feels, and you should never be made to feel stupid or small for following it no matter how hopeless or precarious its path may be. Because while others may know what’s best for you, only your heart knows what it cannot live without.
"Sometimes it takes losing it all to realise that you deserved something more all along."
"I am not afraid of an argument. Get emotional. Get angry. Spit language venom. Be unrelenting and cruel with your words if you feel you have to be. Because above all else I am terrified of the silence — of things becoming so bad between us there is no longer anything left worth fighting over."
"The most painful part of losing you was that it didn’t matter how close, how familiar we became with one another over the years, it only took a fraction of the time to become total strangers again — for the texture of your touch, the melody of your voice, to become a distant memory."
"You can drink too much
and forget the night before
but I’ve learned you
can never drink enough
to forget the people
you’ve loved and lost."



"I gave you a second chance.
I ran back into a burning house
to save the things I loved."


"Happiness is not a checklist. A dream job, a fast car, a good home, even love, mean nothing at all if you have not yet found a way to feel full and content in your own mind and heart."
"Wounds never properly close at the places love has been."



"A gentle reminder that your heart is a
muscle and so should be exercised regularly.
Love often and love deeply."





Beau Taplin || F i t s p o
"…And secretly I hoped that we all deserved to
be looked at that way, like nothing else in the
world mattered or ever would again."

"Stay,” he pleaded. “We could make a home together.”

“Don’t you know I wish I could,” she said — folding away a dress into a small leather briefcase, the cheap hotel curtains flapping in the wind through an open window.

“But you have a tourist heart,” she goes. “Room enough for the essentials but very little else. You travel spontaneously from place to place, leaving your mark wherever you go before quickly moving on. And that’s okay.”

She finished packing her things and moved slowly towards the door.

“My time with you was beautiful,” she said. “But it wasn’t home."
"The painful truth of the matter

is you continue to care deeply

for the people you’ve loved

long after you let them go."
"It was a privilege to love you

and it was a privilege to let you go.

Both helped shape me

into the person I have become."
"Maybe the two of us had become
so good at leaving once we’d found
something worth keeping we did
not know how to stay."


I learned that
paradise and hell can be
found in the very same place.
And it is wonderful there."





Beau Taplin || P a r a d i s e
"I am awfully sentimental. Of books,
belongings, people, places. It matters very little
how positive or negative the experience was. If
it shared some meaningful time in my life, I’ll
have trouble letting go."





"One thing I am certain of
is the most meaningful
and compelling
events in our lives
often come and go
in a matter of moments.
Like shooting stars —
you gasp, then they’re gone."
"Good-byes are important. They’re how we
know we’re doing the right thing. If they come
easy then by all means leave and never look
back. But if you open your mouth and feel the
words get stuck like glue in your throat, you’re
making an awful mistake."

"You will not always be strong
but you can always be brave."



"What am I most afraid of?
That maybe you were it and I
let you go."









"She is a lovely sort of bravery, like a small blue flower
blooming quietly to herself in the middle of a busy road.
Sometimes I imagine myself running out to her,
weaving lightly between the incoming traffic of her
troubles and wrapping my arms around them like two
soft hands cupping her roots, removing them delicately
from the burning hot asphalt. I want to save her. She belongs
with the sun. Buried deep in the cool earth. Somewhere
he can never hurt her."




Beau Taplin || S m a l l B l u e F l o w e r






"I have learned that people will stay, leave,
save and destroy you but by far the most
dangerous thing they can ever do is come
back."























"Don’t wait around your whole life
for somebody who completes you.
That’s not how it works. You are the
sum of everybody you’ve ever lusted for
and loved. Drink life in through your
lips, dig your nails into its skin,
leave a couple of big blue hickeys
on the neck of it before you settle down.
A soul mate is not the whole picture,
remember that, they are just the final piece."



"I can’t make you any promises.” she said. “I
don’t know how I’ll feel tomorrow. You deserve
better than this. You deserve someone who can
give you something permanent.”

“I don’t care, none of that matters a bit. Don’t
you understand? I’d choose 5 minutes with
you,” I replied, “Over a lifetime with anyone
else."




Beau Taplin || 5 M i n u t e s



"I am tired of trying to fill up my empty spaces
with things I don’t need and people I don’t
love."




Beau Taplin || E m p t y S p a c e s




"Goodbyes are so awful sometimes
they are difficult to say even to the
people you know you are supposed to
leave behind."





"In real life happy endings are a rarity. For the most part, endings are
ordinary, and other times they are so sudden and unexpected they can
hardly be considered endings at all. Some of the things you love the
most will disappear without a trace and you’ll never really know where
they went off to. You won’t always have the answers, kid. You won’t
always find closure or receive compensation for the hurt. Sometimes,
you’ve just got to take a breath, make peace with yourself, and do your
best to move forward."




Beau Taplin || H a p p y E n d i n g s












"An American artist once sold an oversized
stainless steel balloon animal in New York
for $58.4 million. You decide your value."
"I do not have a ‘type’. It is an unconstructive, sometimes devastating concept I no longer have any use for. I know chance and fate are far more talented and imaginative matchmakers than I could ever care to be. I have learned the most important relationships are always the unexpected sort - the people who come into your life with traits and qualities you never knew you wanted or even considered before but now, on reflection, cannot imagine a life without."
"Nowadays, nobody wants the real me
they want me diluted and soft;
not too gentle, not too rough;
not too stupid, not too clever;
a little dangerous — just enough.
They want me squeaky clean,
pristine, always behaving my best,
while you knew all of my dark dirty secrets,
and adored me nonetheless."
"I like to think loneliness is just the echo
of missing a person you haven’t had the
good fortune of meeting quite yet."

















Her eyes.
like time-lapse
photography.
of an awfully
starry night."









"‘What’s meant to be will be.’

‘No,’ I replied.

‘It’s what keeps you up at night, unable to sleep, and your chest tight, unable to breathe, your thoughts mad with desire and longing and your each and every waking moment pursuing what you desire with purpose and fury and aspiration—you cannot wait on destiny’ I said,

‘It’s presence must be demanded.’"



"It’s not so much the missing that
terrifies me, but the certainty
that a day will come when I no
longer feel anything for you at all."









"There’s something far worse
than missing a person you shared
a fraction of your life with.
And that is missing a person with
whom you did not.
For you will neither be allowed the
pleasure of their memory, the echo of
their love, the warmth of knowing
that once upon a time you meant a damn,
you were of some importance, you will
not even be allowed the small joy
of a smile that comes with happening
upon a note they once wrote you in
the bottom of your drawer.
It is a sort of hollow longing,
a dreadful nostalgia for a thing
that never quite happened."




Beau Taplin || The hollow longing. (via afadthatlastsforever)






"You are not mine



"Two Augusts ago, I saw you, briefly, negotiating the aisles of a grocery store with a litre of milk and a pound of tomatoes. You didn’t notice, and I was too nervous to say hello, but watching you walk by was like slowly driving down the street of my childhood home— you were familiar yet foreign, all of the memories were there only now, they were faint, like a warm light peeking through a curtained window after dark. I wondered who called you home now, and if they took good care of you, if they were grateful for every morning they awoke to the marvellous architecture of your bones and the design of your heart. But most of all I missed living in you, and regretted I ever left."









"She’s the sort of girl who could make your heart cum."


Beau Taplin || OCD.









"If you’ve ever seen wildflowers
weave up through cracks in
the concrete you’ll know that
cold, hard, detachment
never stopped anybody.
I’m not giving up on you."
"If planet earth had two moons,
most of us would always choose
to look up to whichever was
the brighter, fuller, more golden
of the two. In this world, it is
not enough to be beautiful.
You have to be the ideal."
"Never give up hope. Believe me. The
one that got away, sometimes, comes
home."
"There was never going to be an us

because you wanted to be missed

more than you wanted to be loved."

"‘But people are oceans.’ she shrugged.

‘You cannot know them by their surface.’"
"There are stars so far away
we cannot see their light
from earth. she was one of
those stars — distant, yes, but
on fire all the same."




1 komentarz: