“Someone asked me if I know you. I went back on time with the memories that flashed in my head, I politely smiled and replied “No, I don’t”.”

Tell me, what’s she like? How do you feel when she says your name? Does your dad still ask about me, wonder how I am? How have you been since you left me? Do you still think about me? Is there ever a moment when she’s kissing your lips that you hoped when you opened your eyes it would be me looking back at you? There’s so many questions that I’ll never get the answer to. Maybe I’m never on your mind not even for a second and my name means nothing to you anymore, or maybe just maybe you still fall asleep to the thought of me, maybe you are finding it hard to breathe without me around as well, but I guess I’ll never know.

There are two people you’ll meet in your life. One will run a finger down the index of who you are and jump straight to the parts of you that pique their interest. The other will take his or her time reading through every one of your chapters and maybe fold corners of you that inspired them most. You will meet these two people; it is a given. It is the third that you’ll never see coming. That one person who not only finishes your sentences, but keeps the book.

People are not mirrors. They see you completely differently than the way you see yourself.


There are two types of love in this world; the kind that sets you on fire and the kind that gives you a pair of wings.


Choose wisely.


If we date, I will literally do anything and everything to make you smile. No matter what I have to do or how foolish I look.


I think one of my favorite feelings is laughing with someone and realizing half way through how much you enjoy them and their existence.

but then she goes bad, and when she goes bad, you lose her. it is all darkness from this point forwards. it is all anger and selfhate and sorrow. she whittles herself down, a clown of anxiety and depression miming her own cage that she’s constantly stuck in.

I can tell you’re in love with her,
Because the way you look at her,
Is the way I look at you.

Sometimes when I look at you, and you’re looking back at me, I can see something. This hint of something more, something you’re feeling but can’t say. When our eyes meet, it’s like we’re instantly connected. And I know no one catches it but me and you, but I like it that way. It’s like our own little secret, a place we go to when everything around us is crazy and we just need some semblance of normal. God, your eyes are gorgeous. There are times when I want nothing more than to look you in the eyes, cause it’s when we’re looking at each other in silence that we end up saying the most.


The best kind of people are the ones that come into your life, and make you see the sun where you once saw clouds. The people that believe in you so much, you start to believe in you too. The people that love you, simply for being you. The once in a lifetime kind of people.

It drove me crazy
how she loved people
that weren’t me.
And how my arms were
the last place she would
ever go to for comfort.
I so desperately wanted her
to love me but I think
maybe I’m just not enough
for her.
There are so many other 
people out there with
so much to offer her and
she deserves it all.
She would never settle
and she shouldn’t have to.
I just wish she could give me
a chance to try to be what
she deserves.
I would spend the rest of my life
just trying to deserve her.

Breathe. You’re a mess. You don’t know what you want for dinner tonight and you don’t know who you are sometimes. It’s okay to lose yourself. It’s okay to be lost. Breathe.


I don’t believe in ‘meant to be.’ I believe in finding somebody you love, and just being. I believe in loving someone who treats you well and whose laughter makes you want to laugh with them. Inevitability is a false safety net in our lives. You think it’s there but even if it is, it’s filled with rips and tears.


Chances are, you’ll never find someone that loved you more than I did
but chances are, I’ll find someone who will love me better than you ever did.

I like people who have a sense of individuality. I love expression and anything awkward and imperfect, because that’s natural and that’s real.

Okay, I don’t even have time to tell you how wrong you are…Actually, it’s gonna bug me if I don’t.

You are a woman.
That alone is everything.
You were already a completed poem the moment you left your mothers womb.

Indescribable,
you are beyond all the words
I have ever known.

I’d rather welcome change than cling to the past.

If you cared about me so fucking much why’d you let me get so fucking hurt

In a room full of art I still would look at the galaxies in your eyes

She was very private. I don’t think anyone will ever be able to totally capture her—she seemed so evanescent.

be the reason for someone to wake up feeling there’s another hope and not the one who breaks them apart


I’m definitely still wild at heart.

Guys: Uses love to get sex.
Girls: Uses sex to get love.
Me: Uses coupons to get pizza.

Positive people also have negative thoughts. They just don’t let those thoughts grow and destroy them.

I got fire in my blood
and my bones are made of steel
I am a hurricane of a girl
not a porcelain doll you should save

I’ll never ask you
to be anything other
than exactly you.

Forgetting isn’t enough. You can paddle away from the memories and think they are gone. But they will keep floating back, again and again and agian. They circle you, like sharks. Until, unless, something, someone? Can do more than just cover the wound.

Nothing worth having is easy. The same goes for people. The ones who take cold, hard guts to get inside of are the most worthy of all. The ones you have to fight for.


You said you cared but you never checked up on me. Even when you knew I was miserable and I needed you.

Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life. And don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are.


The man who fears losing has already lost.

We’re all curious about what might hurt us.

Talking won’t change it. But sometimes it was what she wanted most, to tell someone; often, though, she just wanted to escape those horrid feelings, to escape herself, so there was no pain, no fear, no ugliness.

Boys will be boys because they can’t be men.

It’s funny how when somebody leaves you, you’ll turn to anything that’ll hurt as much as they did.
Maybe you’ll pick a new brand of gin or drink a shot of whiskey every time you think about him. You’ll tell yourself that it’s because you want to forget his name, but you know that he’ll spin in circles around your head the same way the room is spinning around your vision.
Maybe you’ll try to smoke him out of your lungs. Maybe you’ll find your nails turning yellow but you’ll still inhale with every breath because you’d rather taint your blood than think about the fact that he still lives under your skin like a cloud of smoke.
Maybe you’ll kiss a lot of strangers whose names you don’t know because you’ll tell yourself that you can’t taste the past in someone new- but you still do. You still feel him with every lips you touch and God, do you wish you weren’t kissing anyone but the one person you’re not supposed to think about.
Maybe you’ll tell your best friend that the pain is gone. Maybe you’ll tell them that you don’t even think about it anymore, honestly. Funny because you know you still listen to his voicemails on repeat like a song stuck in your head. Funny because you know your best friend knows it too.
Funny because you won’t admit it to yourself, but you’ll do anything to a feel a pain worse than him leaving. You’ll look for anything that’ll push that boundary, anything to remind you of him even if it’s just a reminder of the way he left you. Funny because you tell yourself you’re doing it because you’re trying to get over him, but really you’re only doing it to try to forget that he ever left.
—  The funniest things happen

Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.


3 weeks to break a habit; it’s been months and she loves you still

I saw the fire in your soul the day I met you. 
Now I’m learning that once you touch fire,
All there’s left to do is burn.

You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.

Courage is knowing what not to fear.

Sometimes I look at people & make myself try & feel them as more than just a random person walking by. I imagine how deeply they’ve fallen in love, or how much heartbreak they’ve all been through.

The only reason we hold back is because we think we have an endless amount of chances or that there will always be one more, but as time disappears into the past and life goes on, those chances will run out and you’ll either live with eternal happiness for being brave, or eternal regret for holding back.


And sometimes, we can fall in love with someone for all the wrong reasons, and still love them after all the hurt, because sometimes, and most times, we can’t pick who we love. And even though we know we shouldn’t love them, we do and always will, because there are just a small number of people in this world who will “get” us for reasons we can’t explain, even when they shouldn’t.


Love Images and Typography

Letting you go was beautiful, yet tragic. My heart broke, but my mind settled knowing I wasn’t going to hurt forever because of you.


I think we spend too much time wondering why we’re not good enough. We waste too much time putting ourselves down, that we don’t ever stop to see that we are good enough. We spend too much time with our heads down and hearts closed, and never get a chance to look up from the ground and see that the sun is shining and that tomorrow is another day.


I miss those midnight conversations. I miss how you would make me laugh out of my own frustration. But you just come to know that you get so used to being loved, and in one second it can all come crashing down. Now I know to not let anything get that far ever again, because I didn’t know how I could wake up one morning and have it all hit me. I didn’t know I could miss you this much.

Love Images and Typography

Give up, he’s not worth it. You deserve so much better; he’s broken your heart before and he’s messed up plenty of times. So why do you still love him? I know it’s hard, but just forget him; you’re setting yourself up to get hurt, again.


You’re a sun.
Bright, beautiful, the world needs you.
I’m a moon.
Constantly chasing you.

I like it when you show that you care. That’s all I ever needed from you.
❝ She was gentle and funny and she had a disarming curiosity and an incredible quality—of involving you in yourself. She would figure out that you had a problem and she would ask around it and you’d find yourself blurting out some private thing.


❝ Be with her because you actually want to be with her, because you actually see a potential future with her, not because you are used to being with her, not because you’re scared of the thought that being without them will ruin you. The point of being in a relationship is to enjoy each other’s company, is to be there to support each other when they need it most. No one person, defines who you are. They only compliment you.


❝ You have that thing about you, I think it’s your eyes. They kind of say ‘I am here, I exist, loudly’ in such a quiet way. You don’t need to be loud to be noticed. You just exist quietly but noticeably. You are silently loud.



❝ Monsters come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them are things people are scared of. Some of them are things that look like things people used to be scared of a long time ago. Sometimes monsters are things people should be scared of, but they aren’t.

❝ Oh darling will you promise 
Promise me that you’ll be strongest 
In your weakest moments

Let’s explore.
I want to watch movies with you. 
I want to walk through parks with you while listening to timeless music. 
I want to discover new things with you. 
I want to appreciate art with you.
I want to eat with you.
I want you.


 We’re a piece of coal by birth.
We work hard.
We stay and watch our loved ones die.
We had our hearts broken.
In the end,
we are diamonds.

❝ When it was dark, you always carried the sun in your hand for me.


 We are gasoline. We are just waiting for our match to spark the flame.

❝ You.
The crystals in your eyes.
The pearl in your skin.
The waves of your touch.
The goldness of your heart.
A treasure.

❝ Stay single until someone actually complements your life in a way that makes it better not to be single. If not, it’s not worth it.


❝ Tell me your story
Not about what you did yesterday or today. 
About what you’re feeling. I want to know what runs through your mind. I want to wander around every corner of your heart. To feel you through your words. Tell me of your scars, your joys, your downfalls. Show me the world that lives within you. I want to see it all. I want to feel it all.

She who is brave is free.

❝ I am only interested in the ideas that become obsessive and make me feel uneasy. The ideas that I’m afraid of.



❝ People have scars in all sorts of unexpected places. Like secret road maps of their personal histories, diagrams of all of their old wounds. Most of our old wounds heal, leaving nothing behind but a scar. But some of them, don’t. Some wounds, we carry with us everywhere… and though the cut is long gone, the pain still lingers. What’s worse? New wounds, which are so horribly painful, or old wounds, which should have healed years ago, and never did? Maybe our old wounds teach us something. They remind us where we’ve been, and what we’ve overcome. They teach us lessons about what to avoid in the future. That’s what we like to think. But that’s not the way it is, is it? Some things we just have to learn over and over and over… again.


❝ Many people lose the small joys in the hope for the big happiness.


kushandwizdom:

Teen quotes

❝ Take me to your trees. Take me to your breakfasts, your sunsets, your bad dreams, your shoes, your nouns. Take me to your fingers.


❝ I will continue my path, but I will keep a memory always.


❝ Everyone’s a stranger until you give them a chance.


❝ I’ve crossed some kind of invisible line. I feel as if I’ve come to a place I never thought I’d have to come to. And I don’t know how I got here. It’s a strange place. It’s a place where a little harmless dreaming and then some sleepy, early-morning talk has led me into considerations of death and annihilation.



To me you are a work of art, and I would give you my heart - that’s if I had one.

today I remembered 

some of your fears

and some of your dreams.

and I wondered 

if I ever made it 

into either category.

Writing is something that you don’t know how to do. You sit down and it’s something that happens, or it may not happen. So, how can you teach anybody how to write? It’s beyond me, because you yourself don’t even know if you’re going to be able to. I’m always worried, well, you know, every time I go upstairs with my wine bottle. Sometimes I’ll sit at that typewriter for fifteen minutes, you know. I don’t go up there to write. The typewriter’s up there. If it doesn’t start moving, I say, well this could be the night that I hit the dust.


Some days you just have to say ‘fuck it, I did what I could today’ and just let go of all the stuff you wanted to do. Life is too short to be angry with yourself for being human.


But you, you were more powerful than an ocean
You were the eye of the hurricane and the sun that came out after
I searched the world to find you, just to find you back home
You were a refuge I never knew existed
You replenished the air in my lungs
And replaced the beats in my chest
And you, only you, could have saved me
No tree to offer a helping branch
Nor bird, a helping wing
Not even an earthquake, lifting me up higher than my tragedies
Could have done a thing
You alone were more expansive than an army of thousands stretching from sea to sea
You were more deep than an ocean
More bright than the sun
And it’d take me a lifetime of traveling the world and back
Just to realize you were the only thing truly worth seeing

I hope your life is full of “I can’t believe I did this” than “I should’ve done it”,


it took me quite sometime to learn
that what I was missing 
resided inside of me. 
it was tucked away and 
nestled behind my self worth. 
when I searched for it from 
outsiders it never showed up…
but when I realized that I was enough
my love for self blossomed rapidly. 
know that you are enough.

Someday, one day, eventually. He’s going to be in love with another girl.
That’s what’s going to happen. The sun will rise, time will pass, and people move on.
But sometimes, I’m afraid I’ll be stuck. I’ll be stuck with this love letter in my pocket, this swallowing sadness, an emptiness filled with wishful thinking.
He has this devastating smile, that fourth of July laugh, and when it’s not for me, I feel like withering.
I tell myself I’m over him. I tell myself that I’m holding on to something that was never mine to begin with. So let him go, and I’ll be free.
It’s sounds so simple, but love never is. 
Perhaps despite the someday’s, one day’s, and eventually’s, he found a way to keep a part of me, that will love him forever.

They are so young, they forget that the world is not as in love with them as they are.


I want to apologize to the person who followed me at 2:21am and unfollowed me by 6:45am. It was a wild ride, and I will miss you.

Boy, pet stores don’t like it when you ask, “What is the most delicious animal you sell here?””


If it’s true that opposites attract, I should be looking for someone that gets up early and does stuff.”


Find me now. Before someone else does.

Find what you’re confident with and do that well. Sharpen your blade.

Soon we will be strangers. No, we can never be that. Hurting someone is an act of reluctant intimacy. We will be dangerous acquaintances with a history.


She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful, for the way she thought. She was beautiful, for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful, for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul.


Don’t worry if you can’t voice your opinions out
It’s not because you’re not loud enough
It’s just that other people are louder
So your voice seems softer
You either wait untill everyone is quiet
Or be impatient
Don’t wait
And speak louder.

Even the 
most lonely
places can make
someone feel
so at peace.

Make sure that special someone will be all about you all the time, not only when it’s convenient for them. Know your worth.


What difference do it make if the thing you scared of is real or not?

Sometimes you have to torch the whole forest in order to let things regrow.


Stop calling yourself a failure. There are planets and stars in your eyes, and there are fires and oceans in your veins. Your head is a forest, your heart is a meadow, and you are a work of art.


Danger stimulated her and she always associated taking risks with pleasure. She disliked compromise. She might strike up a conversation with somebody quite dangerous in order to take the consequences. And why not? It was only through some violent initiation that one could really learn to “see” and “feel.” […] She was, she told someone, only afraid for the inside of herself. Never the outside. Outside things could never touch her.


If I have the chance to make someone’s day, then I say “why the fuck not?”


Whatever you fight, you strengthen, and what you resist, persists.


Dear my 20 year old self. It’s me. Well, you. Your idea of what is sexy will change. Drastically. You’re going to make mistakes. They’ll have names, some of which you can’t remember, but some of these names will be etched into you for years. Also, you don’t have to sleep with everyone. You’ll miss the simplicity of holding hands…or the anticipation of the first kiss. You’ll fall in love quickly with the first person that shows you intimacy. You’ll be happy for some of the time. You should tell her that you love her in those moments. You’ll regret that you didn’t say it enough. And the rest of the time, try not to spend it analyzing conversation, deciphering text messages like you’re in the CIA, trying to get them to love you back. If you think someone is cheating, they probably are. Also, nobody’s ex is their best friend. Run now. And when somebody tells you they can’t be with you because they’re going to ruin you, what they’re actually saying is “I’m afraid you’re going to ruin me so please oh please walk away from this because I don’t know how to.” It’s okay to feel heartbroken. You’re not damaged just because you’re not interested in a good person that’s interested in you. Have I mentioned you’ll make mistakes? You don’t need a million reasons to end something. You’ll waste a lot of time searching for those reasons. And above all else, the most important thing I can tell you is take care of yourself first.


Tell me we were more than just that sunset, that time we laughed until we cried, and cried, and cried, and cried some more.
Tell me we were more than just memories, stitched together like they mattered, like we mattered.
Tell me just one more lie. Tell me you loved me.

I’d love to love you, but my heart got robbed by someone I once called special.


Fake people don’t surprise me anymore, loyal people do.

I remember the days I prayed for the things I have now.

I don’t regret falling in love with you. I don’t regret sitting awake in bed all night thinking about you and I. Nor do I regret those little moments that made me feel like you loved me too. What I do regret is letting you take over, letting you bring out the tragic side in me. Letting you tear me apart with every single girl you kissed while I was craving your lips. I regret waiting for you to come to me, waiting for you to see me as more than just your best friend. I regret ruining our friendship with my emotions. I’m sorry I cried so much over you. I just really miss you.


I burned so long so quiet you must have wondered 
if I loved you back. I did, I did, I do.

you don’t miss people at two am, you’re alone at two am. you miss people at two pm. you miss someone when you’re surrounded by people and all you can think about is them.


It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates.


I think we’re gonna have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that.


The ending has to fit. The ending has to matter, and make sense. I could care less about whether it’s happy or sad or atomic. The ending is the place where you go, ‘Aha. Of course. That’s right.’


I surrender myself to everything. I love, I feel pain, I struggle. The world seems to me wider than the mind, my heart a dark and almighty mystery.


[…] we had nothing to lose and lost it anyway…


It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts.

If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now.


It makes me mad when someone says “I miss you.” good, you should miss me. I’m absolutely miss-able. but it’s you, you’re choosing everyday not to be with me. So if you miss me, I don’t care. I don’t miss you.


I regret opening up to some people ; they didn’t deserve to know me like that


If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value.

If you’re here to apologize, I don’t want to hear it. You’ve had your chance, too many in fact, and I mean this when I say it, I’m finally ready to let you go. Because you’ve let me down too many times before. And I was a fool to keep taking you back, to keep loving you with all I’ve got when you only ever give something like 12% of your love to me. It hasn’t been fair on me, I’ve been giving my all and you’ve been pushing me away, pulling me back, pushing me away and then reeling me back in when it’s convenient for you. I can’t keep going on like this; I can’t keep wasting my love on someone who is less than deserving. I can’t keep destroying myself; I can’t have you in my life anymore, so goodbye.



One day you will thank God for the door that closed. You’ll be grateful that it didn’t work out.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz