I left you because I knew I could never change you. You would stand in the room so still sometimes, as if the greatest betrayal of yourself would be to reveal one more inch of your character.

velvetrunway:

Alexander McQueen S/S 2009Posted by tiled

If I have a daughter one day,
I hope she is a million other things
Before beautiful.
I hope when her feet
Hit the ground in the morning,
The earth vibrates
Announcing her presence. 
I hope she treats others
With dignity and respect.
I hope they treat her the same.
I hope she refuses to back down
When someone challenges her beliefs.
I hope she knows
The impact of hard work
And the importance of rest.
I hope she cares more
About what’s in her head
Than what’s on it.
I hope she knows how it feels
To love extraordinarily
And to be loved right back.
I hope she is passionate.
I hope she is kind.
When she meets these expectations,
Beauty will shine
From every pore in her body
And every word that falls from her lips.


i dont wanna be one of them random well dressed hoes on instagram who always on the beach and travelling and doing yoga and drinking smoothies and hawking detox teas and no one is really sure what the fuck they actually do but keeps following them

She is, and forever will be a lone wolf. She’s happy living life in her own mind and she’s content with watching the world around her in silence. She’ll never belong to anyone, and that’s what’s so beautiful about her, she’s running wild.







So you got your heart hurt, but isn’t that beautiful? The fact that we can experience so much, we’ll feel pain in the absence of love?



"The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention."


kingsxoqueens:!!!!!





"If they don’t appreciate you, they don’t deserve you."

phuckindope:!!!



"You are so used to your features, you don’t know how beautiful you look to a stranger."



It’s okay to forgive, and give them another chance.. but sometimes it’s better to forgive, let go, and give yourself a better chance.



miss-luxury:♚ 

miss-luxury:♚ 

amourruse:pizza-slave:I’m soooo doing this for my next essay.where the fuck has this been my entire life

showmeyourmumu: Counting down the days to Coachella… Get ready for a week of surprises from all your fave #mumumuses ✌️💕✨#muchella #festivalstyle

all i want is an apartment in a city and a decent job, a dog, wifi and a tv, and someone to have sex with

me: ignores boy
boy: ignores me back
me: what the fuck

"We do not need to eat animals, wear animals, or use animals for entertainment purposes, and our only defense of these uses is our pleasure, amusement, and convenience."




clubuxe:aleilo:↞ boho ↠

q’d ✰







iglovequotes:

Daily dose of love quotes here

 

What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain? How can I want so desperately for him to wrap me up in his arms but also want so much for him to leave me alone?



hellahealy:

// yeah, you wanna find love then you know where the city is//

I hate him because at one point I loved him.
written by and I’ve begun to realize how little that meant to him. - via unsalty

Just because you took longer than others doesn’t mean you failed.

We’ve always loved each other, just rarely at the same time. I’m breaking down on both knees just wishing to call you mine.

I always wish for you to find me.

debt:

mildminded:

// he is my everything //

I love you

We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.



Maybe I deserve someone else, but I always wanted you.

clinginess:

If you can’t love me now, please love me later.









"Tell me ever terrible thing you 
ever did, and let me love you
anyway."

"I always think of you before I fall asleep.
The words you said, the way you looked. The things we laughed about, the silent moments we shared. And when I dream, I’ll dream of you. Because it’s about you, it’s always about you."







thesoutherly:Beth Kirby



3. It’s really okay to love yourself. Appreciate the funny curve of your nose, and that gap in your teeth make your smile prettier. Just because you don’t look like that girl in the magazine doesn’t mean you can’t tell yourself you’re beautiful every now and then.
4. Do what makes you happy. I know you’ve heard this a million times, but I can’t stress this enough. Go after your dream job even if it goes against every thing your parents wanted. If you don’t like where you live, move. Your friends don’t make you laugh until your sides hurt? You don’t have to be friends with them anymore. You’re in control. No one else. Don’t fall under the pressure of pleasing people. Please yourself and live for you.
5. Love who you want. Regardless of gender, skin color, or societal views. Please never give up true love because you’re scared. Love is a beautiful, beautiful thing, and if you’re lucky enough to come across it don’t you dare walk away from it because of what others will think. Take the looks, the whispers, and the criticism with a smile, grab your lovers hand, and if you’re feeling extra happy, kiss them for the world to see. Let me tell you, the world is only jealous because they simply can’t understand.
6. Take long showers and lay on your bed naked after, sing too loud, sleep through your classes one day, and another day just don’t leave the couch. It’s okay to just decide you don’t have responsibilities for a little bit. Everyone needs a day ever so often to just relax. It’s okay to be lazy. It’s okay to sleep for 12 hours straight. It’s okay to go to bed at 6 AM because you’re reading and wake up at 3 the next day. Treat yourself, but most importantly love yourself enough to give yourself time to breathe.
7. Alone time is good for the soul. I truly believe that. I think it’s good to cancel your plans sometimes, close your door, turn off your phone, and play some John Mayer (or whatever your prefer). Maybe you could read a book, or hell even write one if you’re up for it. But take some time to yourself and learn to be happy with just you and the sound of your breathing. At the end of the day, you are the only person that is guaranteed to stick around, so you might as well learn to enjoy the way laugh at your own jokes or the way you pronounce words when you read aloud. Being comfortable alone is more important than you know.
8. It’s okay to be 20 and still love Disney movies. It’s not even a guilty pleasure. Everyone has their favorite whether they admit it or not.
9. Do not compromise who you are to impress someone else. You are a wonderfully constructed individual. Your trials, experiences, and life all together have sculpted you into the most lovely version of you possible. If a person doesn’t like the way you live, from your sex life to your music taste, who cares? You were not put on this earth to impress them, or anyone for that matter. Impress yourself. Stick to what you want, stand up for what you believe, and tell people to screw off if they have an issue with any of it. It’s your life.
10. High school does not in any manner prepare you for college. One time my teacher dismissed class early because a kid fell down the stairs and he was laughing too hard to continue the lecture. That’s all I have to say about that subject.
11. I know you’re making a ton of new friends at this stage in your life, but don’t forget whose been there from the start. Your new friends may be exciting and wonderful and the best friends you could imagine but the ones that knew you back in middle school and were still there for you are genuine. If they loved your through your awkward phase, they’re probably in it for the long run. So send some love their way ever so often. When you’re older, you’ll be glad you did.
12. Your mom will probably cry a lot during the next few years. Let her. Hug her. Cry with her. She just wants you happy at the end of the day. You’re growing up, and life’s exciting, but you have to remember that you’re her baby, and the more you find yourself, the more she feels she’s losing you. I know you’re getting older, but so is she. Spend Sunday afternoons telling her about your life or reading her your new poetry. She’ll appreciate that so much, and you will too later on.
13. It’s okay to get drunk. Whether it be just for fun or that you need liquid courage to text an ex, it’s completely fine. And you know what else is completely fine? Not getting drunk. It’s okay to be the mom, the DD, or to not even show up to the party at all. It’s all okay. But you know what isn’t? Judging whatever decisions your peers make. So what there was a photo posted and that girl you went to high school with was wasted? It’s not really any of your business is it. And if that guy decided to go to that poetry reading and skipped the biggest party of the year, It’s really not effecting you at all, so don’t act like it does.
14. Stop glamorizing sadness. Sadness is not beautiful. It does not glow. Disorders are not something to make light of, and scars are not something to be ignored. Be proud of who you are. Eat that hamburger, and put the razor down. And most importantly, smile. Happiness is by far the most beautiful thing about a person.
15. It will all be okay at the end of the day. Life has a funny way of working out.
16. Speaking of funny, life literally never goes as planned. Don’t waste your time fretting over the future. Faith and destiny work hand in hand to make sure life keeps you on your toes.
17. Karma is a real and powerful thing. Please try to keep it on your side. Your bad deeds catch up with you in a big way. Take your time to build up your good karma, and do some good for other people, even if the deeds are small. Put a quarter in an expired parking meter, serve food at a homeless shelter, or go visit an elderly person at the nursing homes. Good deeds are good for others, and good for your soul.
18. You can never go wrong with pizza.
19. Don’t wish your years away. I know you’re at that age where you’re responsible for your choices, but aren’t really considered an adult but you’ll want these years back. Being young is the most fantastic, exciting adventure you will ever endure. And when you get older you’ll wish for these years back, even all the bad days that came along with it. So enjoy your youth, relish in it. Because you will never be younger than you are right this second.
20. And lastly, if you ever feel unloved and worthless, just know I love you and find the upmost worth in you. You’re destined for big things, now go get them.
"
- 20 things I think you should know before you turn 20 

smallpunks:but it’s cool

"A beautiful feeling, when someone tells you “I wish I knew you earlier”."

"I’m not sure what I’ll do, but— well, I want to go places and see people. I want my mind to grow. I want to live where things happen on a big scale."

grett:Bonfire and hexagon by Matutino. on Flickr.Bonfire and hexagon





"I wish people could just say how they feel like ‘Hey I really don’t like when you do that to me’ or ‘Hey I’m in love with you’ or ‘Hi I really miss you and I think about you all the time’ without sounding desperate. Why can’t everyone be painfully honest and just save people the trouble."



This is the thing: When you hit 28 or 30, everything begins to divide. You can see very clearly two kinds of people. On one side, people who have used their 20s to learn and grow, to find … themselves and their dreams, people who know what works and what doesn’t, who have pushed through to become real live adults. Then there’s the other kind, who are hanging onto college, or high school even, with all their might. They’ve stayed in jobs they hate, because they’re too scared to get another one. They’ve stayed with men or women who are good but not great, because they don’t want to be lonely. … they mean to develop intimate friendships, they mean to stop drinking like life is one big frat party. But they don’t do those things, so they live in an extended adolescence, no closer to adulthood than when they graduated.
Don’t be like that. Don’t get stuck. Move, travel, take a class, take a risk. There is a season for wildness and a season for settledness, and this is neither. This season is about becoming. Don’t lose yourself at happy hour, but don’t lose yourself on the corporate ladder either. Stop every once in a while and go out to coffee or climb in bed with your journal.
Ask yourself some good questions like: “Am I proud of the life I’m living? What have I tried this month? … Do the people I’m spending time with give me life, or make me feel small? Is there any brokenness in my life that’s keeping me from moving forward?”


Now is your time. Walk closely with people you love, and with people who believe … life is a grand adventure. Don’t get stuck in the past, and don’t try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven’t yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life’s path.













"The piano keys are black and white,
but they sound like a million colours in your mind."


i want to wear your hoodies and stay up talking about the universe with you until 3 am and i want to hold your hand and kiss your face and hug you when im sad and have marathons of our favourite shows













thegoodquoteco:



jayalvarrez:Santa Monica w/ jayalvarrez







there was a lizard in the shower so i said hello to it and the person showering next to me was like “hi??” i wasn’t sure whether to carry on the conversation or be like sorry i was talking to a lizard


the-personal-quotes:need some inspiration? look at this blog!

that golden moment when your “useless knowledge” comes up in conversation and you sound like the smartest person in the room but really you just spend too much time on wikipedia






 




 




esenciia:



thebearcub:

amazing

"Good people are like candles; they burn themselves up to give others light."



"We have never heard the devil’s side of the story, God wrote all the book."











aseaofquotes: Brandon Sanderson, Steelheart



"If you lose a friend because you’re honest, it wasn’t a good friend."



"Date someone who meets you half way. Date someone who brings you a glass a water when they get themselves one. Date someone who makes sure you don’t spend money on ridiculous things. Date someone your ex hates and your mom loves. Date someone who’d rather spend a Friday night watching movies, than out with 50 people they barely even talk to. Date someone who sleeps on your chest and leaves a little puddle of drool. Don’t date someone who makes you leave oceans of tears."



"I don’t have time to hate anyone, I either love you or I don’t care at all."



"I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire for something beyond the daily life."




"It takes years as a woman to unlearn what you have been taught to be sorry for."



I can tell myself all day, “be heartless, fuck em” but in all reality, I have a big ass heart, and can’t treat people bad, that’s just not me.

pinned her up against the wall because she’s a masterpiece.


date someone who knows the power of running their hands through your hair.
date someone who wants you to succeed as much as they want their own success.  
date someone who knows how you take your coffee and what cheers you up.
date someone who you can be independent from but still look forward to reuniting with.

Remember that you were art long before he came to admire you, and you’ll continue to be art even when he’s gone."


  

Never push a loyal person to the point where they no longer care."  


Some things that should be acceptable by now:
  • Girls having sleepovers with boys.
  • Female nipples showing.
  • Marriage equality and equality in general.
  • Doing what you want with your body.
  • Wearing what you want,
  • Kinder eggs in America.
For a second I thought you meant eggs should be nicer to people

Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow."


"There has never been a sadness that could not be cured by breakfast food."


"There are no laws, there are no rules, just grab your friend and love him."



"I respect a man that respects me when I’m not around."


"Come lay with me. I wanna talk about nothing with someone that means something."



you only have one dick so you only need one girl




"Let’s get drunk together so I can kiss you and blame it on the vodka"



"Clothes aren’t going to change the world, the women who wear them will."



So close no matter how far...




"Marry your best friend. Fooling around is fun, but life gets in the way and when it gets hard, you’d wanna be married to your best friend."



"If I’ve learnt anything in 2014, it’s that you should tell people how important they are to you. Not because they could leave at any moment, but because they’re here now, and it’s worth saying something."



I don’t give a fuck if you hurt my feelings, just do it. To be honest, I’ll be even more hurt if you don’t tell me since you think that I can’t handle the truth in the first place. I don’t want you to sugarcoat every little detail and make me read between the lines. I have too many people like that in my life already and I hate it. Even if I don’t listen to you, I still want to know what’s up. Be real with me, I’ll get over it.


lvndscpe:Sunrise on Poon Hill, Annapurna Region, Nepal | by TravelCoffeeBook

If I’m interested in you, you’re all I see. I won’t look at anyone else, or want anyone else. Everything I say and do, is only to you and no one else. 



myurlislongerthanmydick:

For the first time in my life I have a goal for my future

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."



if someone doesn’t appreciate how great you are or how well you treat them, it does not say anything about your worth. at all. it does not mean you aren’t good enough or deserving of that person. 
i just thought i’d say that because sometimes i need a reminder myse





"You’ll likely end up disappointed if you think people will care for you the way you care for them. Not everybody has your heart."






sexting boys is so fun because they get so into it and you’re like cleaning your kitchen or something


"If your friend is crying over a break up in the middle of the night, and you have a Psychology final at 6 AM.. it’s okay to choose the test and support her in the morning. If you’ve promised someone that you would see a movie with them but stayed up all night coughing your brains out.. it’s okay to reschedule. You do not need to feel obligated to sacrifice your own self for the sake of someone else all of the time. The only person I was born to nurture is me."


"Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness."







"It’s a Tuesday afternoon. I don’t have shit to do but fall in love with you."


I want someone to really want me. Make a big deal about me, tell me I’m on your mind way too fucking much but you kinda like it. Make it completely obvious that I’m the person you want. Tell me you can’t wait to see me; show me how you feel so I can feel it too.
Make me feel something I’ve never felt before. Tell your friends about me & I’ll tell them about how you make butterflies swam my stomach. Want me as much as I want you.

micdotcom:Meet the awesome women proving lifting isn’t just for dudes People are quick to envision lifters as hulking men heaving giant dumbbells. But the female lifters of Oxford are challenging this 
stereotype in a new video titled “Lift Like a Girl,”
 which not only pushes back on stereotypes about female lifters, but 
also encourages broader female participation in the sport.Watch the empowering, kick-ass video









"I’m not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."







I just wanna make you cum, make you breakfast, and make you happy.

The good thing about being a girl is that you can sit in class and think about hardcore sex and no one can tell.

"I put my heart and soul into my work, and I have lost my mind in the process." Vincent Van Gogh (1853-1890)

honestly if i send a boy a nude i expect like a 3 page paper analyzing my beauty and comparing me to great works of art

Just put on dark lipstick and act like nothing happened

ashxma:

👑✨



"You
are the only
person you 
need to be
good enough
for."


"That’s what I want. I want someone who smiles like an idiot whenever he talks about me. Someone who just can’t shut the fuck up about me."


"Start by thinking less, I tell myself. Do more. Love more, and it will come back to you."






"You never apologized to me for hurting me, but I apologized to you 12 times for being angry about it."

- Don’t fucking tell me this is my fault



"and if they want to leave, hold the door open for them."


"At least it meant something once."




I’m not that girlfriend who is going to go through your phone every time I see you to make sure you aren’t cheating. I’m also not the type to not let you go out with friends because I don’t trust you. I’m not here to take over you life, I’m here to make you happy and to be there by your side through every decision, obstacle, and most importantly to see you grow in so many ways. BUT DAMN I DARE A MOTHER FUCKER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME.



 










"Don’t do that. Don’t skip stages in your life. You’re 19, kiss a few boys and wear your heart on your sleeve. There will come a time when you’re 39 and stuck in a suit, wondering why the hell you were so eager to grow up in the first place."


"Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason."


"You have your whole life ahead of you. Be smart. Study hard and be independent…You must rely on yourself. No matter what else people may steal from you, they will never be able to take away your knowledge. The world is changing. You must make your own life outside this home."






"If you’re gonna bail, bail early. This applies to relationships, college classes, and sledding."



"Sometimes we need someone to simply be there. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular - but just to let us feel that we are cared for and supported."


"We ate well and cheaply and drank well and cheaply and slept well and warm together and loved each other."


realmendonotrape:

theyoungradical:

your heroic US military

There is no excuse for it and it should be prosecuted strictly.


"Say “Hi” first. If there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s that if you want to talk to someone, talk to them. go out on a limb. Do not wait fo them to talk to you first because, odds are, they’re waiting for the same thing."





when i have a crush on someone i can never tell if they have a mutual crush on me or if i’m just noticing and exaggerating every bit of attention i’m getting from them and amplifying it into something it’s not






"I used to dislike being sensitive. I thought it made me weak. But take away that single trait, and you take away the very essence of who I am. You take away my conscience, my ability to empathize, my intuition, my creativity, my deep appreciation of the little things, my vivid inner life, my keen awareness to others pain and my passion for it all."


"Traveling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go."


I don’t want to dream through our lives together, don’t want to sleep in, don’t want to put on my sunglasses and pretend that life’s a vacation. The fantasy is that I want to exist in reality; the fantasy is to be there for someone on a Sunday morning but also on a Tuesday night, when the haze and laze of the weekend has worn thin and seems far away as ever. I want a Tuesday kind of love."



"If you feel unwanted or unappreciated where you are or by those you’re with, it only means you’re in the wrong place or with the wrong people. Hang in there. Someone else will see you for the true gift you are."


Don’t Take Anything Personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.

Don’t Make Assumptions.Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.



Two years later
A girl sits in front of her ex lover.
He doesn’t say a word
And her heart doesn’t ache for him anymore.
Her hair is longer than it’s ever been.
She is even more beautiful than the day he left her.
And at that moment,
He panics.
He lost her.
And he can never have her back.
He can just watch her be beautiful
And in love
With someone else.
"

- Zienab Hamdan - The day when the tables turn




At the end please give back every noise and every secret, every piece of knowledge that allows you to recreate me when I am absent.
practice what u preach

- Eimear McBride, A Girl is a Half-formed Thing
"No matter how long it lasts, how quiet we become, I will always remember this: the night we got stoned in Amagansett and I traced your outline in white allium on dark sheets. I wouldn’t have done it if we were sober—it was too tender a gesture, too overtly loving. I would have been embarrassed in the daylight. And still I remember how the petals crushed in your hair, the way they smelled. How I thought, I will never forget this. I can’t remember what you said. Remind me.”

show me, on my body, where you touched her.

I remember loving you. I remember loving you like crazy.

I am sorry to say no
when you have not asked the question.
I answer it as I
look past you to find him on the horizon.
The act of not-reaching
hurts more than an extension. Lock the bones in perfect order.
Resisting you that touch.
Each night I pray to God that you will find someone to love you.
I am sure he does not kneel. The boys pretend to be him,
they flicker in the light. Far from his constant beam.
Hand held too long above the flame
growing dark with education.
I like to carve their names in walls above where I have had them
but for you I leave blank space.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz