Sometimes I watch things
that make me cry on purpose
and sometimes I bite back words
not because I like how they taste
but because I won’t like how they sound
and if there was ever a moment
when you thought you might 
be okay with that
would you let me know?


I feel like I keep talking
without actually saying
anything
especially to the people
who I want to hear the most





I’m trying to decide on whether there is a limit on how many vegetables you can put on a pizza before it stops being a pizza and starts being a salad.

People tell you who they are, but we ignore it because we want them to be who we want them to be


and I don’t remember
if I’m here alone
or waiting for someone

Every word was a wound opening.

The hardest-learned lesson: that people have only their kind of love to give, not our kind.

And I wonder if Beethoven held his breath
the first time his fingers touched the keys
the same way a soldier holds his breath
the first time his finger clicks the trigger.
We all have different reasons for forgetting to breathe.

I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home.

One of my favourite pastimes is to watch two people who are both wrong having an argument,

How architects didn’t design houses so that the bedroom is next to the kitchen I will never understand.

You know those people who seem to be talking all the time but they don’t actually seem to be saying anything, they just go around collecting words and then releasing them in a random order. My question is, why?

sometimes I miss you
the way someone drowning
remembers the air.

You know when you finally understand why someone acts the way they are, and it’s because something rather terrible happened to them, and you’ve spent many years not thinking much of them because you didn’t know. It’s a little heartbreaking. Cue months of feeling like shit.






Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz