I know exactly how that is. To love somebody who doesn’t deserve it. Because they are all you have. Because any attention is better than no attention."

"But hurting ourselves to inflict pain on others is just another cry to be loved."

"Sometimes I wonder if my whole life will pass by this way: me waiting in the shadows, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for someone else to make it happen. Something new or different or crazy and amazing. I‘ve been there for so long, letting everyone else figure it out for me, floating along without much direction or conscious thought. Reacting."


"I think I wished for you all of my life."

"Sometimes, between people, it takes a long time to get over the disappointment they can cause each other."

"I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you?"

Suddenly, all I can think about are all the things I don’t know about him. All the things I never had time to learn. I don’t know if his feet are ticklish or how long his toes are. I don’t know what nightmares he had as a child. I don’t know which stars are his favourites, what shapes he sees in the clouds. I don’t know what he is truly afraid of or what memories he holds closest. And I don’t have enough time now, never enough time. I want to be in the moment with him, feel his body against mine and think of nothing else, but my mind explodes with grief for all that I am missing. All that I will miss. All that I have wasted."

Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness.
Let it kill you and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover."

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered."


Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right.

"Trauma is survivable, but often not much more. It kills you while allowing you to still live."

But nobody ever forgot anything, not really, though sometimes they pretended, when it suited them. Memories were permanent. Sorrowful ones remained sad even with the passing of time, yet happy ones could never be recreated - not with the same joy. Remembering bred its own peculiar sorrow. It seemed so unfair: that time should render both sadness and happiness into a source of pain.

There were lots of things to stop and see - and then it was time to go, always time to go."

This is how you do it: you sit down at the keyboard and you put one word after another until its done. It’s that easy, and that hard."

"When we think of the past it’s the beautiful things we pick out. We want to believe it was all like that."

"Love drains you, takes with it much of your blood sugar and water weight. You are like a house slowly losing its electricity, the fans slowing, the lights dimming and flickering; the clocks stop and go and stop."

"I was scared of the way I felt as I ran away, knowing that if I stopped, I might have to confront the reason why I was always running - and I’d have to admit that there was no reason. Run, run, run. Was it toward something or away from something else?"

"…and your absence is the strongest scent in the air."

"I didn’t want to give you the one last part of myself that I couldn’t take back. And then you were gone… And I realized it was already yours. It had been since the beginning. Except that I hadn’t told you. It drove me mad, the thought that you would never know."

"There are traces of you all over my city, so really it wouldn’t help if I ran around trying to keep myself busy…"

"You can go on cutting my heart in two for as long as you wish."

"I live in my dreams - that’s what you sense. Other people live in dreams, but not in their own. That’s the difference.

"In love - it sounded like a sickness without any cure, and wasn’t that just how it sometimes felt?"

"I realize that life is risks. It’s acknowledging the past but looking forward. It’s taking a chance that we will make mistakes but believing that we all deserve to be forgiven."

"She was extending a hand that I didn’t know how to take, so I broke its fingers with my silence."

"I mean, what if love isn’t a yes-or-no question? It’s not either you’re in love or you’re not. I mean, aren’t there different levels? And maybe these things, like words and expectations and whatever, don’t go on top of the love. Maybe it’s like a map, and they all have their own place, and then when you see it from the sky 

And that’s how you know it’s over. As soon as you start thinking about the beginning, it’s the end.

It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."

"One day after another - 
Perfect.
They all fit."

"Don’t ever think I fell for you,
or fell over you.
I didn’t fall in love,
I rose in it.
I saw you and made up my mind."

"Well, you never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people’s lives."

"It’s one thing to know a truth in your head but another to understand it in your heart."

"I have a million things to talk to you about. All I want in this world is you. I want to see you and talk

What she had realized was that love was that moment when your heart was about to burst."

"That’s the scary thing about hope,” she said. “If you let it go too long it turns into faith."

"Life is suffering. It is hard. The world is cursed. But still you find reasons to keep living."

"Falling in love is not a rational process. It can’t be planned or avoided. It happens - for good or bad it simply happens. I knew he’d eventually leave. I knew we couldn’t be together, but I fell anyway."

"At times my life suddenly opens its eyes in the dark."

"Memories begin to creep forward from hidden corners of your mind. Passing disappointments. Lost chances and lost causes. Heartbreaks and pain and desolate, horrible loneliness. Sorrows you thought long forgotten mingle with still-fresh wounds."

"Do you still write me? she asked. Every day, he replied. I have more letters to you than there are words in the world."

"Yet you still value the things you’ve lost the most. Because the things you’ve lost are still perfect in your head. They never rusted. They never broke. They are made of the memories you once had, which only grow rosier and brighter, day by day. They are made of the dreams of how wonderful things could have been and must never suffer the indignity of actually still existing. Of being real. Of having flaws. Of breaking and deteriorating. Only the things you no longer have will always be perfect."

‎"Rzadko mamy wpływ na to, kto pojawi się w naszym życiu, ale czasem mamy po prostu szczęście."

"and then I realised that he was her sign from God."


"I was scared of the way I felt as I ran away, knowing that if I stopped, I might have to confront the reason why I was always running - and I’d have to admit that there was no reason. Run, run, run. Was it toward something or away from something else?

No matter how careful you are, there’s going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn’t experience it all. There’s that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should’ve been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That’s how your whole life will feel some day."

Destruction can be beautiful to some people. Don’t ask me why. It just is. And if they can’t find anything to destroy, they destroy themselves."

You have lost your reason and taken the wrong path. You have taken lies for truth, and hideousness for beauty. You would marvel if, owing to strange events of some sorts, frogs and lizards suddenly grew on apple and orange trees instead of fruit, or if roses began to smell like a sweating horse; so I marvel at you who exchange heaven for earth. I don’t want to understand you."

"In truth, you like the pain. You like it because you believe you deserve it, and the fact that you’re putting yourself through pain means you are doing what you, by all rights, ought to do. You’re doing something right.

"We looked at each other until it felt like everything would burst into flames."

"I hear your name
rhyming, rhyming,
rhyming with everything."

"I don’t know why it is that I have always been happier thinking of somewhere I have been or wanted to go, than where I am at the time. I find it difficult to be happy in the present."

"You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won’t mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever…connections are made with the heart, not the tongue."

"It seems only yesterday I used to believe
there was nothing under my skin but light.
If you cut me I would shine.
But now when I fall upon the sidewalks of life,
I skin my knees. I bleed."

"Sometimes when we’re in love, we take the facts and spin them into pretty stories. But it’s a dangerous thing to do - because one day, like it or not, you’re going to see the world as it really is. You found out people aren’t always who you want them to be. And if you’re not ready for the truth…well, let’s just say it can come as a bit of a shock."

"There are many difficult things in this world to hide, but a secret is not one of them."

"But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight,"


Remember that at any given moment
There are a thousand things
You can love.

"Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way."




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz