Close some doors. Not because of pride, incapacity or arrogance, but simply because they no longer lead somewhere.

I don’t know a perfect person. I only know flawed people who are still worth loving.

Lend me your eyes,
I can change what you see.

It’s about misunderstandings between people and places, being disconnected and looking for moments of connection. There are so many moments in life when people don’t say what they mean, when they are just missing each other, waiting to run into each other in a hallway."


“What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.”


you are everything I want
you are a poem I cannot write
a word I cannot translate
you are an exit wound
a name I cannot bring myself
to say aloud

We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

"We all have an old knot in the heart we wish to untie."

I am losing my illusions, perhaps to acquire new ones

"And when I asked you how you’d been I meant I missed you more than I’ve ever missed anything before."

We never know how high we are
Till we are asked to rise.

"How terrible it is when you say I love you and the person on the other end shouts back ‘What’?"

"We stood there, looking at each other, saying nothing. But it was the kind of nothing that meant everything."

“Never worry about your heart till it stops beating."

Because nothing has to be true for ever. Just for long enough, to tell you the truth."

"…we come of age as masks. 
Our true face never speaks."

"I could happily lie down and die sometimes."


"It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

"As I’ve said, freedom is really an illusion. Anytime we think we have a real choice, it just means we haven’t seen the shotgun aimed at our navel."




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz