"I really believe it’s the moments we can’t talk about that become the rest of our lives. It’s the moments we cannot process by telling a story that destroy us in the end."

"There are as many ways to live in this world as there are people in this world, and each one deserves a closer look."

I have lost something important, and I cannot find it, and I need it. It is fear like if someone lost his glasses and went to the glasses store and they told him that the world had run out of glasses and he would just have to do without."


"I wish I could be the one to hold you, though."

"Life was short, no matter how many days you were granted. And people were precious, each and every one, no matter how many you were lucky enough to have in your life. And love… love was worth dying for. Worth living for, too."

If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don’t want to cry anymore, you don’t listen to that song anymore. But you can’t get away from yourself. You can’t decide not to see yourself anymore. You can’t decide to turn off the noise in your head."

There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

"Memories do not always soften with time; some grow edges like knives."

"For Halloween I’m gonna be emotionally stable. No one’s gonna know its me."

"There are grammatical errors even in his silence."

"Believing in progress does not mean believing that any progress has yet been made.

"In a world as wrong as this one, all we can do is make things as right as we can.

"I’ve cried, and you’d think I’d be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life."

Sometimes it’s a form of love just to talk to somebody that you have nothing in common with and still be fascinated by their presence."

When I see you, I think about the past.

"I just don’t know what beautiful means anymore."

"What is terrible in life goes on somewhere behind the scenes."

Too bad people didn’t fall in love at the same pace, at the same time, for the same reasons, and too bad those emotions didn’t move simultaneously. 

I’ve never forgotten him. Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. Such is the strangeness of the human heart. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. That pain is like an axe that chops at my heart."

I’m sick of following my dreams. I’m just going to ask them where they’re going and hook up with them later."

"It was the kind of kiss I could never tell my friends about out loud. It was the kind of kiss that made me know I was never so happy in my whole life."

I do believe you have a wound too. I do believe it is both specific to you and common to everyone. I do believe it is the thing about you that must be hidden and protected, it is the thing that must be tap danced over five shows a day, it is the thing that won’t be interesting to other people if revealed. It is the thing that makes you weak and pathetic. It is the thing that truly, truly, truly makes loving you impossible. It is your secret, even from yourself. But it is the thing that wants to live."

"Having to talk destroys the symphony of silence."


I don’t suppose you have many friends. Neither do I. I don’t trust people who say they have a lot of friends. It’s a sure sign that they don’t really know anyone."

"I did learn something about insanity while I was down there. People go crazy, not because they are crazy, but because it’s the best available option at the time."

"My dear, I think of you always and at night I build myself a warm nest of things I remember and float in your sweetness till morning."

I couldn’t help but smile. I think I wounded him. I was immediately sorry."

"Someday, even this pain will be taken away."


"You think it will never happen to you, that it cannot happen to you, that you are the only person in the world to whom none of these things will ever happen, and then, one by one, they all begin to happen to you, in the same way they happen to everyone else."

"I want you because there aren’t any good words for who you are. The only ones that come to mind are earnest, sad clichés like “amazing” and “magnetic” and “fascinating” and I don’t want to use them, but on the other hand they are the only words, and cliché or not they are honest words and I’m not sure consulting a thesaurus at this point would be genuine. And it’s not that I want you officially, like I want your last name or your Sunday mornings or your hard shiny promise, I just want to absorb you. I want to know what you know, want to hear your stories, want to filter through them gently and get lost in them, them and the soft hypnosis of your hands in my hair."

Perhaps they were right putting love into books. Perhaps it could not live anywhere else."

I do miss you; I think of you: I have a million things, not so much to say, as to sink into you."

"I would willingly risk my happiness for the chance of securing his."

"We look at each other with shy relief. It’s the look two odd socks give when they recognize each other in the wild."

"I feel as if somebody had handed me the moon and I didn’t know exactly what to do with it.


"Dreams are like that: they go in and out of memories and scenes, but they are never real. They’re never real, and I hate them because they aren’t."

I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life."

"You make me nostalgic for a love that hasn’t even happened yet."

"He broke my heart. You merely broke my life."

"It’s always been hard for me to tell the difference between denial and what used to be known as hope."

"If you don’t receive love from the ones who are meant to love you, you will never stop looking for it."

"I hid my deepest feelings so well I forgot where I placed them."

A world in which no one is ever quiet is a false one; it is a stage, not a world."

"You need to believe in things that aren’t true. How else can they become?"

Just remember that autumn is also called fall, and some falling places are so deep there’s no climbing out."

"Her eyes were the color of faraway love."


"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets.

The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence."


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz