"You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens."

"You have to keep breaking your heart until it opens."

"There were times, I swear, when we were living in the same skin. That’s how I remember it and that’s what I want to believe. Makes it easier to understand how we could live as enemies, off and on, for as long as we did."

The important things in life never happened by accident. But even with those things that were meant to be, sometimes you had to wait awhile and then maybe give them a little nudge.

"I can’t remember to forget you."

"I’m like that. Either I forget right away or I never forget."

"You used to
take my breath
away. Now
no one does."

The heart wants what it wants. You don’t plan on making your life complicated, it just happens, and you don’t do it on purpose, and you don’t do it to hurt people who love you. It just turns out that way sometimes.

It’s like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story."

"I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing.



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz