In Greek, “nostalgia” literally means “the pain from an old wound”. It’s a twinge in your heart, far more powerful than memory alone. This device isn’t a spaceship, it’s a time machine. It goes backwards and forwards, it takes us to a place where we ache to go again."





lovelybandages:

Adriel Guilherme ♥

I still catch myself feeling blue about things that don’t matter anymore. 

“Certain kinds of knowledge rob people of their sleep.”

have you ever just stopped and realized that if you hadn’t met a certain person in your life, your life would be completely different


“You make me nostalgic for a love that hasn’t even happened yet.”


You,” he said, “are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain.”


Most people carry that pain around inside them their whole lives, until they kill the pain by other means, or until it kills them. But you, my friends, you found another way, a way to use the pain. To burn it as fuel, for light and warmth. You have learned to break the world that has tried to break you.”


itsomethingfaint:

aseaofquotes:

Markus Zusak, The Book Thief


“The tongue, the Chinese say,
is like a sharp knife:
it kills
without drawing blood.

“She was like the wilted flowers. Beautiful, yet slowly dying.”


"The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly."

"I wished I could walk through a picture window and have the sharp, broken shards slash me to ribbons so I would finally look like I felt."

"This is why it hurts the way it hurts. You have too many words in your head. There are too many ways to describe the way you feel. You will never have the luxury of a dull ache. You must suffer through the intricacy of feeling too much."

"If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves."

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don’t always like."

“Life is either too empty or too full.”
if one day
you do not see the sun over the horizon,
know, I waited for you too long

and when you glare at the lonely boat in the sea,
know, this is my soul, floating away

and when you hear the desperate seagulls cry,
know, it will be my last good-bye

and when you find a white lily with a heart
know, I could never love you more

and when you are touched by the flowing sand,
know, this is me, walking by the land

but if one day, you remember me with sadness,
know, it was only a dream, still in you

I don’t know when the obsession began.

Perhaps two days into the start of school,
when he said hello to me for the 
second time this year

and I realized that it’s not his mouth
or his eyes or even his hair.
it's his soul.\\




how many times do you have to die
before you’re really dead?

You’ve got to jump off the cliff all the time and build your wings on the way down. 

you make me the saddest kind of happy

There are things sadder
than you and I. Some people
do not even touch. 

It is only September.
I don’t know how many seasons
I will be allowed to love you yet.


I wonder if I make my wish blow away, in the wind, 
will it bloom somewhere else? 

I mean, I have the feeling that something in my mind is poisoning everything else. 










"Those with pain in their hearts have so much to say. Those with goals on their minds have a lot to do. Those with both have a future and a story to tell."


is the only real measuring tool for love’s extent

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz