people who don’t text back straight away annoy me even though i am one of those people // “ Sometimes you have to learn to be the ash before you can become the flame. ”

“ I was your prayer, but I was never your religion. ”

Absence is presence, just in another form.

Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.

Don’t listen to yourself; listen to the advice that you give others.

Accept the fact that you will grow apart from people you’ve had significant relationships with. Understand when someone no longer positively affects your life. Let them go. Don’t hinder your growth.


“ She came to me, and then she was gone. If only for some one hundredth part of a second, she had been in my heart and when she moved on, she left a strange, human-shaped emptiness in her place. It felt as if someone had zipped past a window and disappeared. You run to the window and stick your head out, but no one is there. 

Flowers
never hurry
to become
beautiful,
so why should
a woman?
they are,
after all,
nature’s
perfect design. 


“ You came to me as a tourist wanting to explore my body, but you never even bothered to learn my language. ”


In life, you are either the passenger or the pilot, it’s your decision.

“ I often wonder
if I ever cross your mind
around the same time
you’re crossing mine
and if we just keep
missing each other
on the way out. ”

Think of all the stars
that died to make you.
Your heart isn’t hurting
so you can break,
darling remember,
all of the stars that died
so you wouldn’t have to.





I don’t wish
for your love anymore,
I’ve moved on
and found my own.
But every now and then
my mind wanders,
and I wonder where
it could have gone to,
...
are they your dreams
I’ve slipped in to,
naked and bathed
in moonlight?
Do you wake up
with the lingering taste
of my memory on your lips?
I’m sorry about that,
my thoughts have a habit
of running away from me,
...
and you’re usually
the first home they go to
when they can’t find their way back.





“ If giving leaves you feeling empty, you’re giving too much to the wrong person. ”


“ I said not a word about you 
but they saw the splashing
in my eyes.
They asked me if I needed saving,
as if I was the one drowning. 
As if I wasn’t the sea. ”

Just a reminder that no history was made tonight. Instead, it repeated itself.

“ We never really 
belong to a place until we
lose someone we love; 
we never really 
know a city until we 
start looking for them
around every corner. ”

“ Love, 
it passes,
but it does
not die. ”

 If you know me based on who I was a year ago, you don’t know me at all. My growth game is strong. Allow me to reintroduce myself. 


because if i stay really still
all your roads finally will
run into
me.


“ we all have different 
forms of hell,
but you have always
been my favorite. ”

“ We have learned 
to say goodbye
to the ones we love,
we’ve begun 
to confuse love
with farewells. ”




 Your heart is the only place 
that can be conquered 
but never owned.
Protect its earth .
Allow not a soul inside
who doesn’t speak your language. ”


“ I am still alive
in all the places
you killed me. ”


For the sake of your heart, future and the past - Never. Ever. Fall in love unless you mean it.


“ The best of you is not
what you lost in the one
who left, but in all of
the pieces they couldn’t
take with them. ”



“ Forget safety. Screw a familiar passage. I’m not interested in being your lighthouse in the middle of the sea. I want to be the waves, the rocks, the entire ocean in all of its beautiful, angry intensity. I want to be everything telling you not to cross and the reason you chose the journey all at the same time. ”

 You were a puzzle piece 
that didn’t fit into my life
until I picked up a pen
and painted a whole new picture.



 they don’t know 
how cold it gets at night, 
how much of the dark is spent 
setting fire to the trees. 
I love(d) you, 
and that was enough
to keep me warm through 
these winters. 
You loved me once,
and now everyone who wanders 
inside, stays for the fire. ” 



“ Just because 
he left your life 
in pieces doesn’t 
mean the moments 
weren’t whole. 


Margaret Atwood.

 We were like 
two bookshelves
that never touched
because there was
too much history
between us. ”


“ You deserve a love so big, 
it dims the sky and sets fire
to the stars.
A love so expansive,
it weaves constellations
so you never forget who you are. ”


 In your absence
I learned to love you 
in all the ways I failed 
while you were still here. ”



“ If he doesn’t love you
the way you need to be loved,
for god’s sake leave. 
Life is too short to keep breaking 
your back for someone who doesn’t have a spine of their own.
There is strength in love,
so be brave and walk away. 
If someone truly deserves you,
they will learn that love 
doesn’t always mean letting go, 
sometimes it’s in finding the strength 
to grab a hold of you again 
so you never find another 
reason to leave. ”





“ This love
was nothing
but a hangover.
By tomorrow,
you’ll be drinking
about someone new. ”

“ Healing is an art. It takes time, it takes practice. It takes love. ”


“ Desire is
a dark
alleyway
and I am
always
taking
the wrong
way home. ”


“ You are a mystery
to me, yet so familiar. 
Like a song I’ve never
heard before, and a 
tune I’ve known 
my entire life. 

“ Even naked I am covered in stories. ”


“ Never trust your weakness. It knows nothing about you. ”


“ You are so afraid of what your scars may show because of how others have looked at them in the past. But darling, haven’t you seen the sky? We all look up at the same stars, but none of us see the same things. ”


“ The hardest part
about losing a love
is having this new language
and nobody to speak it with. ”



“ Sometimes, 
I go months without
remembering you.
Some storms
are like that. ”


I wanted to tell you that wherever I am, whatever happens, I’ll always think of you, and the time we spent together, as my happiest time. I’d do it all over again, if I had the choice. No regrets.









Books are mirrors: you only see in them what you already have inside you.

We didn’t need words, we just looked at each other and smiled.


"You can never explain how painful it is to say goodbye to someone you love."






It has been so long
since I have been
touched by someone
who looks at me as
if there is something
to see.

If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.










 I am writing love poems in
a different language right now.
It is the language of an absence,
an inability to touch. There are
at least five states between us
and, still, I sleep better when I
think myself into his arms. 


 But pain too,
has a heart.
And sometimes
we confuse it
with our own. 

I feel more helpless
with you than without you. 

 A sigh isn’t just a sigh. We inhale the world and breathe out meaning. While we can. While we can. ”

“ Must the moon
be full
in order to be loved?

And what of the heart? ”


“ Your silence is a song. Your silence is a love letter I will never read. 
Your silence is the sweetness of a sitar learning the language 
of the rain and I am drenched in you. Your silence is a god I now 
believe in. The urn of your throat where I’ve left my ashes. 
Your spine, a candle-lit memorial through a thick forest of veins. 
I am lost in you. I like to lay beneath the sky and think of you, a mesh 
of constellations ending beneath my skin. I think of the night of your 
flesh, the coffin of your lashes closing over me - the ebony of it, the 
velvety sinking depth of it. The night is an idol I am praying into flesh. You are Shiva dancing on a dying atheist’s bed, there’s a 
reason why no one believes until there’s nothing left to believe in. 
In my final steps down your star-lit spine I whisper, 
I believe. I believe. I believe. 

“ Love lasts by not lasting. ”


“ Before you touched me, 
I was a cage full of
wild things.

My mother used to say,

‘be wary of wolves, 
they can smell 
the beds of lambs
from miles away.’

so every night
I would sleep naked
and wake up smelling of the moon,
for my mother never knew, 
that it is not the wolf
who sleeps with the lamb,
it is the lamb who must first learn 
how to run with the wolves.

What I’m trying to say is,
I always wondered
what hell would feel like. 
I just never imagined
that I would love it 
so goddamn much. ”



“ ‘It’s been nothing 
but light since 
we met,’ he said. 

She smiled,
‘I told the sun
about you once.
I think she poured 
herself into me 
so she could feel you too. ”


“ I am not 
your exotic 
country.
Knowing me 
does not 
make you 
a traveller ”


asks when I’m coming home, 
I know she’s asking for me
to never forget.
“Soon.” 
I promise her.
Soon.


“ I want to do 
loud things.
       quietly.
with you. ”


“   I watched a girl in a sundress kiss another girl on a park bench, and just as the sunlight spilled perfectly onto both of their hair, I thought to myself: “How bravely beautiful it is, that sometimes, the sea wants the city, even when it has been told its entire life it was meant for the shore.”   ”


“ I spend nights 
filling your absence
with stars, but when 
the morning arrives, 
it is always just as empty. ”

“ so many broken hearts
living in pieces,
pretending to be whole. ”

“ You will swallow 
a thousand
different names
before you taste
the meaning
held within your own ”

To live
is to long
for something more.
Everything
that breathes,
also sighs,
such as a tree in the wind
whose rustling leaves
long to return to earth,
or the quiet air
settling into a storm
over the sea;
the way the river
flows endlessly
towards the ocean,
and how I,
like the ocean,
long only for the moon.




 A woman smiling 
is like the sun.
She doesn’t shine for you. ”

“ You were made 
from the stars
and to the stars
you will return.

Stop wasting 
your precious light
for anyone who doesn’t
burn for you. ”


I woke up this morning
to tell you the sun has risen,
to say that the mornings
are still in bloom like fire
lilies carpeting a burnt sky.
I woke up this morning
to tell you the yellow headed
blackbirds have decorated
the pinetree outside again
and whenever they dance
they turn into the eyelets
of a large peacock tail
spread just for us.
I woke up this morning
to say that my heart still
feels empty but my soul
complete like the full moon
in a cloudless sky,
that nothing has changed
since you’ve been gone,
that the sun still rises
and the trees still spread
their wings and that my heart
is still full of stars.
I woke up this morning
to tell you I am healing,
that with every burnt sky
a new flower grows in its
place, petal by petal,
to tell you that I am full
of a song I still don’t know
the words to yet but
it is coming, and one day
I will sing it for you.
— I still miss you 



“ Love lost is a gift. Why wish for its return. Why beg for its flame when you’ve already been burned? Is it not enough to live from day to day remembering its tune like a beautiful melody you heard years ago - is it not enough to see a bruise and remember how it blossomed? Love is a song we hear only a few moments in our lifetime but it’s that memory that is the gift, the way we remember is what lasts forever. Stop ruining love by wanting what no longer exists. Your soul is beaming with flowers, it’s time to stop watering your scars. ”


“ That’s the problem with history, we like to think it’s a book—that we can turn the page and move the fuck on. But history isn’t the paper it’s printed on. It’s memory, and memory is time, emotions, and song. History is the things that stay with you. ”


Little by little,
I am forgetting you.
Bit by bit,
I am disappearing.

 One day you will
meet someone
who glows with a
light that sets fire
to your heart, and
if you are lucky,
you will spend the
rest of your life
next to this person,
warmed by a light
that can never die.

I pray that when you 
find this person, 
they never leave;
because the sad truth is, 
most of the time we meet 
someone who lights a room
within our hearts and it’s 
inside this room we remain.

The sad truth is, 
we spend the rest 
of our lives warmed by 
a fire lit by someone 
who only stuck around
to share a spark. ”

“ Seek forgiveness in yourself before you search for it in others. People pick and choose the parts of you they love before discarding the rest. But darling, you are not a backyard full of weeds needing to be pulled. You are a garden of roses aching with thorns, and you deserve to be loved only by someone who knows how to hold all of you. ”


You touched me 
with lightning,
and I responded
with thunder.

Some people 
who are meant to be 
fall in love too late, 
I’ve learned.

Their love 
creates something 
neither one of them
are prepared to love back. ”

“ I plant seeds 
when it rains.
I am always in bloom. ”


“ darling,
you are much too whole
to be loved in halves. ”

“ We ain’t picture perfect but we worth the picture still ”


 i want 
the sleeping scars of you, 
the lost wars of you. ”


“ I’m not saying 
I can’t love you.

I am saying,
my heart is an echo,
and I am hollow.




 When does 
a thing you fear
stop being
something
to fear?
When you 
stop feeding it. 
When you take it 
into your bed
and love it 
in the sunlight
as you do in the dark. ”

“ I can never forget you.
Your absence burns against
the horizon. Your absence
is the quietness of the day
before it slips away
unnoticed into the night.
Your absence is the night. ”


“ You are the main 
character in your story,
remember this.
You are the architect
of your own happiness,
everyone else is simply a visitor. ”



Life is too short to sit around and wait for indifferent people to make up their minds about how they feel about you.


I think ‘honey’ is the cutest nickname like you are the efforts of hundreds of tiny bees collaborating, you are made of flowers and love and you make everything so much sweeter.


I’m not that girlfriend who is going to go through your phone every time I see you to make sure you aren’t cheating. I’m also not the type to not let you go out with friends because I don’t trust you. I’m not here to take over you life, I’m here to make you happy and to be there by your side through every decision, obstacle, and most importantly to see you grow in so many ways. BUT DAMN I DARE A MOTHER FUCKER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME.

svnbabe:

f-liss:

🌞🌞🌞

follow for more similar posts ;)

capecodprep:

I could dig something like this now.





savythefish:

Yummy

pulchhritude:

hottest guys (x)



Find three hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative.












please take pictures of your friends. take pictures of your friends when they laugh, and when they are happy. And when they are sad, too. Take pictures of them partying, studying, eating, or sleeping in your bed. Take pictures of their new hair color, or new shoes, take pictures of them while they roll their first cigarette, and take pictures of their last, when they quit smoking. take pictures of your friends just being themselves. Tell them they are beautiful all the time you think it. They may dislike these pictures now. but  one day, very very far from this year, they will be thankful

svnbabe:

follow for more similar posts ;)

kentson:

Typography 



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz