"Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion."

"Don’t you know better? Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before."

"Some people fall apart when they get hurt. Puddle into apathy and despair and never recover. They wait all their lives for someone to come along and rescue them."


Someone I loved once gave me
a box full of darkness.
It took me years to understand
that this, too, was a gift.


"Do not seek the because - in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."

"In the whole entire world, you are the only person, the only person I love or have ever loved. And I love you terribly. Terribly. That’s what’s so awfully, irreducibly real. I can make up anything but I can’t dream that away."

"All people dream, but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind,
Wake in the morning to find that it was vanity.

But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people,
For they dream their dreams with open eyes,
And make them come true."


"The way we see the problem is the problem."

"It’s so nice
to wake up in the morning
all alone
and not have to tell somebody
you love them
when you don’t love them
any more."

There’s an opposite to déjà vu. They call it jamais vu. It’s when you meet the same people or visit places, again and again, but each time is the first. Everybody is always a stranger. Nothing is ever familiar. 

This was the wonderful thing about strangers. They were big blank pieces of paper, you could draw whatever you liked on their impressionable surfaces. 

Don’t cry, I’m sorry to have deceived you so much, but that’s how life is.

The three saddest things are the ill wanting to be well, the poor wanting to be rich, and the constant traveler saying ‘anywhere but here’.

It broke my heart into more pieces than my heart was made of, why can’t people say what they mean at the time? 

It’s hard to remember the days before you. I don’t even know if there were any. 

That’s what the world is, after all: an endless battle of contrasting memories. 

Meet me where the sky touches the sea.
Wait for me where the world begins. 





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz