"So much of adolescence is an ill-defined dying,
An intolerable waiting,
A longing for another place and time,
Another condition."

"But nobody ever forgot anything, not really, though sometimes they pretended, when it suited them. Memories were permanent. Sorrowful ones remained sad even with the passing of time, yet happy ones could never be recreated - not with the same joy. Remembering bred its own peculiar sorrow. It seemed so unfair: that time should render both sadness and happiness into a source of pain."

"‘How wonderful to be alive,’ he thought. ‘But why does it always hurt?’"

Knowing that you’re crazy doesn’t make the crazy things stop happening.

"I notice you, I want to say. Even when no one else does, I do. I will."

"In all these years, you never believed I loved you. And I did. I did so much. I did love you. I even loved your hate and your hardness."

"Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing."




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz