Love me, because love doesn’t exist, and I have tried everything that does.

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

You go on. You set one foot in front of the other, and if a thin voice cries out, somewhere behind you, you pretend not to hear, and keep going.

I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.

Life is so constructed that an event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.


The hardest choices in life aren’t between what’s right and what’s wrong but between what’s right and what’s best.

When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.


The story you choose to tell isn’t always the story you believe.


People only ask questions when they’re ready to hear the answers.

Someone who thinks death is the scariest thing doesn’t know a thing about life.

The minute we begin to think we have all the answers, we forget the questions.

That’s what careless words do. They make people love you a little less.

I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was.

Deadlines just aren’t real to me until I’m staring one in the face.


I’m telling you, trouble is like the ocean. It covers two thirds of the world.


Even if we could turn back, we’d probably never end up where we started.

Well, it’s simple to love someone,” she said. “But it’s hard to know when you need to say it out loud.

How wonderful to be alive, he thought. But why does it always hurt?

We’ve got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen.

’Just kidding’ was exactly what people wrote when they meant every word.

What a terrible mistake to let go of something wonderful for something real.

It’s never the changes we want that change everything.

Sometimes, I feel the past and the future pressing so hard on either side that there’s no room for the present at all.

The only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.

Your mind will believe comforting lies while also knowing the painful truths that make those lies necessary. And your mind will punish you for believing both.

Real things in the darkness seem no realer than dreams.


People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it’s served up.


If you care about something you have to protect it – if you’re lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

In every crowd are certain persons who seem just like the rest, yet they bear amazing messages.


“I say, you do have a heart!”
“Sometimes,” he replied. “When I have the time.”

My imagination will get me a passport to hell one day.


There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it.

When you believe in something, stand up for it, even if everyone is sitting.


He was like a song I’d heard once in fragments but had been singing in my mind ever since.

There are no innocents. There are, however, different degrees of responsibility.


It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting.

I suppose I’ll have to add the force of gravity to my list of enemies.


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz