It’s better to be loved by one person who knows your soul than millions who don’t even know your phone number.

Kilka lat temu nie stałam na środku - siedziałam w jednym z ostatnich rzędów. Ze spuszczonym wzrokiem i nieco zgarbionymi plecami. Wolałam trzymać się z tyłu, żeby nie widzieć z bliska mikrofonu. Żeby zminimalizować ryzyko, że będę musiała do niego coś powiedzieć.

Teraz nie siedzę wcale w pierwszym rzędzie. Stoję na środku. Nie wypatruję kto trzyma mikrofon i nie uciekam od tej osoby w drugi kąt sali - teraz trzymam go sama. 


I always wondered why it was so easy for people to leave. What I should have questioned was why I wanted to badly for them to stay.






I know I’ll always think of you with something like hurt and nostalgia—

I miss you. You know, I feel it. I stopped demonstrating, but I did not stop feeling.






voulair:
“Ming Xi @ Just Cavalli Spring 2013
”






















Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.

the beginning of autumn makes me want to just hole up in coffee shops with books on books on books every minute i have to spare. i’m okay with it.


I’m not afraid of my truth anymore, and I will not omit pieces of myself to make you more comfortable.


Tell me, how long do you hold onto a memory? How do you decide 
between the pain of remembering and the pain of letting go?

birdasaurus:
“@banyoonhee
”





I’m not sure which is worse: intense feeling, or the absence of it.

Hot coffee and cold winter mornings are two of the best soul mates who ever did find each other.

You will never have to chase what wants to stay with you.



I tell people all the time that they should keep a journal, even if it’s just, ‘I had a terrible day today and I don’t want to talk about it, love Stevie,’ or ‘I dreamt last night…’ Even if it’s just three sentences because at the end of five or six days, you would have created a habit and you will find that over a month that you have a whole story growing. Whether it’s just for your own memories, so you can go back at any age, or if you are a writer or a singer, or some part of the creative business. You can be creative, anyone can be creative if they want to, you just have to want to.















Find someone who loves you well. Someone who never belittles you. Even in the heat of an argument. Someone who is gentle with you, but does not treat you like you are fragile. Someone who knows what you are capable of, and celebrates those pieces of you. Not someone who is intimidated by your strength. Someone who doesn’t make you feel guilty for being flawed. It is not love’s job to punish you. And remember the person you love is just as broken as you are when they fall short. No one is perfect – do not hold them to this standard. Find someone who is patient, forgiving, and apologetic. Someone who practices forgiveness freely and often. Love someone who is humble, kind, and empathetic. Not only with you, but with a beggar on the street, or a stranger in the supermarket. Common courtesy is important. Compassion is important. Kindness is important



Kill the part of you that believes it can’t survive without someone els

My only goal in life right now is to be genuinely happy

We live in an age where we feel guilt whenever we have to cut someone off but the reality is that some relationships do need to die, some people do need to be unfollowed and defriended. We aren’t meant to be this tethered to the people in our past. The Internet mandates that we don’t burn bridges and keep everyone around like relics but those expectations are unrealistic and unhealthy. Simply put, we don’t need to know what everyone else is up to. We’re allowed to be choosy about who we surround ourselves with online and in real life, even if it might hurt people’s feelings.





Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz